Azerbaijan says Armenian forces violating Karabakh ceasefire

Telegram från AFP / Omni
18 okt. 2020, 08.32

Azerbaijan on Sunday accused Armenian forces of violating a ceasefire over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region just hours after it was due to have taken effect at midnight.

"Armenian forces grossly violated another agreement," the defence ministry in Baku said in a statement, accusing them of firing artillery and mortars in various directions and of launching early morning attacks along the frontline.

Armenia's defence ministry had earlier accused Azerbaijani forces of violating the truce -- the second attempt in a week to quell fighting that has claimed hundreds of lives -- with shell and rocket fire.